Ipswich Central Street Rangers will be back in town from today (Monday 30thMarch).
The town centre business community is our one and only priority in these challenging times. Our services are adapting to ensure we are supporting you and your business needs in the best way that only a BID can. To this end the Street Rangers* will be out and about around the BID zone, five days a week, to be the eyes and ears for you. Collaboration, as always, is key and the team will be keeping in touch continuously with police and borough council representatives to keep our town as safe and secure as possible.
We intend to reintroduce Street Rangers* from 9am-5pm Monday to Friday to carry out the following functions:
- To carry out daily checks on the exteriors of town centre premises to check for damage, signs of attempted forced entry and general maintenance needs. This information will be passed to premises key holders.
- To continue monitoring, reporting and sorting out highway/cleansing/street furniture maintenance issues.
- To work with the essential stores which remain open.
- To retain regular contact with CCTV, Suffolk police and other relevant organisations who will be working together to maximise a safe and secure town centre environment.
- To continue monitoring radiolink.
If you would like to provide your keyholder information so we can contact you directly please click here.
Other things to watch out for to support you are:
- A series of live business support webinars provided by Ipswich Central.
- A virtual town centre, courtesy of All About Ipswich. Send any of your online offering be it live classes, online delivery or just blogs about your business and we will feature them on our digital channels for you to keep our town centre in everyone’s minds for when the revival begins. The website has already been adapted with some great content.
- All About Ipswich, as the destination Marketing Organisation for Ipswich is working with Visit East of England who have submitted this letter on behalf of tourism in the region.
- British BIDs, the leading membership organisation for BIDs is also talking to Government about how best to support BIDs and town centres in the coming months and Ipswich Central is actively engaged in these discussions. As soon as there are any updates, we will of course communicate them to you.
As your Chairman I intend to provide a weekly e-mail/web summary of any important information that might be relevant to our business community. In the meantime, stay safe and well and we will continue to look after your town centre.
All the best,
Ipswich Central Chairman