The Government's Eat Out to Help Out scheme is to help boost restaurants, pubs and cafes by offering customers a 50% discount.
Participating businesses can offer a 50% discount or up to £10 OFF per person to customers and be reimbursed the remaining amount from the Government on meals every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from Monday 3rd to Monday 31st August.
Any business that sells food for immediate consumption or provides its own dining area for eat-in meals can register for the scheme. However alcohol and service charges are excluded from the offer.
The scheme is FREE for businesses to register.
How it works
- Register your business on the Government website: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/register-your-establishment-for-the-eat-out-to-help-out-scheme
- From 3rd to 31st August 2020 on every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday you can offer customers a 50% discount, up to a maximum of !0 per person to diners for food and non-alcoholic drinks to eat or drink in.
- You can claim the money back from the Government each week from 7th August. HMRC will pay eligible claims within 5 working days.
We will promoting food & drink businesses taking part in the scheme on our All About Ipswich in a dedicated blog list which will be promoted across our social media channels and email newsletters: https://allaboutipswich.com/blog/2020/eatouttohelpout
Email us if you have registered for the scheme and want to be included in our All About Ipswich activity: firstname.lastname@example.org
Businesses that are eligible for the scheme:
- Pubs that serve food
- Hotel restaurants
- Restaurants & cafes within tourist attractions or leisure facilities
- Dining rooms within members’ clubs
- Workplace and school canteens
Sales that are eligible for the scheme:
The discount can be applied to food and/or non-alcoholic drink purchased for immediate consumption on premises, up to a maximum discount of £10 per diner (inclusive of VAT). There is no minimum spend requirement.
Sales that are NOT eligible for the scheme:
- Alcoholic drinks
- Tobacco products
- Food or drink that is to be consumed off premises
- Food or drink that is to be sold as part of a private party, event or function