The Government have announced a new scheme to boost restaurants, pubs and cafes by offering customers a 50% discount.
Participating businesses will be able to offer 50% OFF to customers and be reimbursed the remaining 50% from the Government on meals every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from Monday 3rd to Monday 31st August.
Any business that sells food for immediate consumption or provides its own dining area for eat-in meals can register for the scheme. However alcohol and service charges are excluded from the offer.
The scheme is FREE for businesses to register.
How it works
- Register your business on the Government website: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/register-your-establishment-for-the-eat-out-to-help-out-scheme
- From 3rd to 31st August 2020 on every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday you can offer customers a 50% discount, up to a maximum of !0 per person to diners for food and non-alcoholic drinks to eat or drink in.
- You can claim the money back from the Government each week from 7th August. HMRC will pay eligible claims within 5 working days.
Businesses that are eligible for the scheme:
- Pubs that serve food
- Hotel restaurants
- Restaurants & cafes within tourist attractions or leisure facilities
- Dining rooms within members’ clubs
- Workplace and school canteens
Sales that are eligible for the scheme:
The discount can be applied to food and/or non-alcoholic drink purchased for immediate consumption on premises, up to a maximum discount of £10 per diner (inclusive of VAT). There is no minimum spend requirement.
Sales that are NOT eligible for the scheme:
- Alcoholic drinks
- Tobacco products
- Food or drink that is to be consumed off premises
- Food or drink that is to be sold as part of a private party, event or function