We manage the tourism body for Ipswich.
As part of our commitment, we set-up the Visit Ipswich; a not-for-profit membership DMO (Destination Marketing Organisation) which is the official voice for tourism in Ipswich. The Ipswich Central marketing team works with the Visit Ipswich Board to promote Ipswich further afield; with an aim to attract more visitors and tourists to the town for day visits and overnight stays.
Visit Ipswich allows the reach of our All About Ipswich campaigns to be even further, which means BID businesses are promoted even further across Suffolk, the East of England and the rest of the UK.
We also work closely with the other tourism bodies in Suffolk (The Suffolk Coast, Bury St Edmunds & Beyond and Discover Newmarket) as well as the county brand; Visit Suffolk, to combine resources and create stronger campaigns that aim to raise awareness of the joys of Suffolk.
Read the Visit Ipswich Business Plan
Visit Ipswich's key objectives are:
- To increase visits to greater Ipswich, and enhance the overall experience to encourage repeat revisits and word of mouth recommendation.
- To act as a collaborator, curator and influencer to Ipswich of tourism issues.
- To help Ipswich benefit from promoting the town as Suffolk's County Town and as a hub for tourists to the county.
- To encourage investment in the area.
- To encourage more overnight stays in the area.
The key themes are:
- Maritime & Anglo Saxon Heritage
- Culture, Entertainment & Innovative Arts
- Hospitality (food & drink, hotels & accommodation)
- Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Business & Education Visitors
Our Street Rangers are the eyes and ears of the BID area, helping to make Ipswich more welcoming and aiding businesses with stolen goods and other on-street issues. Their increased training in…
All About Ipswich
Our consumer brand and the official visitor website for Ipswich. One of the biggest parts of what we do at Ipswich Central is promoting the town. We do this by running place marketing activity…