The official visitor body for Ipswich.
As part of Ipswich Central's commitment to promoting the town, we set-up the All About Ipswich DMO; a not-for-profit membership DMO (Destination Marketing Organisation) which is the official visitor brand and body for Ipswich. The Ipswich Central marketing team works with the DMO Board to promote the town across the region and beyond; with an aim to attract more visitors to the town for day visits and overnight stays.
The DMO allows the reach of our All About Ipswich campaigns to go even further, which means BID businesses are promoted to more people across Suffolk, the East of England and the rest of the UK.
We also work closely with the other visitor and tourism bodies across the region: The Suffolk Coast, Bury St Edmunds & Beyond, Discover Newmarket, Visit Suffolk and Visit East of England. As tourism bodies working to build the local visitor economy; we regularly combine resources and work to together with an aim to attract visitors and tourists to our county.
Read the All About Ipswich DMO Business Plan
The All About Ipswich DMO's key objectives are:
- To increase visits to greater Ipswich, and enhance the overall experience to encourage repeat revisits and word of mouth recommendation.
- To be a collaborator, curator and influencer in Ipswich visitor matters.
- To ensure that Ipswich benefits from county-wide, regional and national tourism opportunities.
- To encourage more overnight stays in the area.
- To raise awareness of Ipswich as a town to visit, explore, stay in and return to.
Our key themes are:
- Maritime & Anglo Saxon Heritage
- Theatre, Arts & Entertainment
- Hospitality (food & drink, hotels & accommodation)
- Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Education & Business Visitors
Our Street Rangers are the eyes and ears of the BID area, helping to make Ipswich more welcoming and aiding businesses with stolen goods and other on-street issues. Their increased training in…
All About Ipswich
The official visitor brand for IpswichOne of the biggest parts of what we do at Ipswich Central is promoting the town and our BID businesses. To help us do that in the best way possible; we created a…