Developing the visitor economy in Ipswich.
As part of Ipswich Central's commitment to promoting the town and developing the visitor economy, we set-up the All About Ipswich; a not-for-profit membership DMO (Destination Marketing Organisation) which is the official visitor brand and body for Ipswich. The Ipswich Central marketing team works with the DMO Board to promote the town across the region and beyond; with an aim to attract more visitors to the town for day visits and overnight stays.
The DMO allows the reach of our All About Ipswich campaigns to go even further, which means BID businesses are promoted to more people across Suffolk, the East of England and the rest of the UK.
We also work closely with the other visitor and tourism bodies across the region: The Suffolk Coast, Bury St Edmunds & Beyond, Discover Newmarket, Visit Suffolk and Visit East of England. As tourism bodies working to build the local visitor economy; we regularly combine resources and work to together with an aim to attract visitors and tourists to our county.
READ THE ALL ABOUT IPSWICH BUSINESS STRATEGY
The All About Ipswich DMO's key objectives are:
- To increase visits to the Greater Ipswich area, and enhance the overall experience to encourage repeat revisits and word of mouth recommendations.
- To be a collaborator, curator and influencer in local visitor economy matters.
- To ensure that Ipswich benefits from county-wide, regional and national visitor economy opportunities.
- To encourage more overnight stays in the area.
- To raise awareness of Ipswich as a town to visit, explore, stay in and return to.
Our key themes are:
- Maritime & Anglo Saxon Heritage
- Theatre, Arts & Entertainment
- Hospitality (food & drink, hotels & accommodation)
- Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Education & Business Visitors
The eyes and ears of the town centre. From recovering stolen goods, deterring crime and liaising with Police, to welcoming visitors, supporting businesses and working with events; the Street Ranger…
Maintaining a town centre that's safe and welcoming. Street Rangers Our police-accredited Street Rangers are our eyes and ears on the ground; supporting businesses with day-to-day issues such as…