Friends of the Bid
Businesses within the BID zone who have a rateable value of over £15,000 automatically become a member of the BID, benefit from its services and receive a vote when it comes to whether to renew the BID in 2017.
However although businesses under £15,000 receive the halo benefits of the place marketing and place management schemes many like to support the BID and be more involved in the projects at an annual cost of £180 plus VAT.
Therefore the Ipswich BID provides a Friends of the BID scheme which allows non-members to be more involved if they choose to be. The only difference is a Friend of the BID won’t have voting rights in any formal ballot.
If you are interested in joining please get in touch at email@example.com – we would love to come and chat to you.
Place Marketing Benefits
- Inclusion and involvement in allaboutipswich.com We will give you your own log-in so you can update your business listings, add offers and upload events.
- The opportunity to also promote these offers and events at no cost to you, reaching our ever-growing audience of over 21,000 people.
- Inclusion in seasonal marketing campaigns, such as Food & Drink Fortnight, a summer celebration of Ipswich and Christmas.
- Involvement in PR activity throughout Ipswich and the surrounding area.
- Participation in social media campaigns.
- Invitations to take part in regular town centre campaigns.
Place Management Benefits
- Discounted Radio Link subscriptions and packages – contributing to a safer and connected town centre. Radio Link enables access to our crime database system which can help tackle anti-social and criminal behaviour.
- Access to Street Services – which includes maintenance of town centre (for example refreshing paint on benches).
- Opportunity to be an outlet for our Keeping Together wristbands, a scheme to help keep children and vulnerable adults with their parents/carers whilst visiting Ipswich.
- Radio Link enables access to our crime database system which tackles anti-social and criminal behaviour.
- An allocated Street Ranger for your business.
- Additional targeted cleaning and streetscape improvements.
- Inclusion in scheme to keep children safe.
Additional Membership Benefits
- Invitation to town centre forums.
- Ability to participate in strategic working groups.
- Receipt of regular updates of town centre news and advice.
- The option to opt-in to membership of Ipswich’s Destination Management Organisation (DMO).