Businesses within the BID zone who have a rateable value of over £15,000 automatically become a member of the BID, benefit from its services and receive a vote when it comes to whether to renew the BID in 2017.
However, although businesses under £15,000 receive the halo benefits of the place marketing and place management schemes, many like to support the BID. Ipswich Central provides a Friend of the BID scheme which allows non-members to be more involved in the projects at an annual cost of £180 plus VAT. The benefits are listed below.
The only difference between a BID Business and a Friend of the BID won’t have voting rights in any formal ballot.
Place Marketing Benefits:
• Inclusion and involvement in allaboutipswich.com with your own directory listing and your own log-in so you can update your listing, add offers and upload events.
• The opportunity to promote these offers and events at no cost to you, reaching our audience of over 21,000 people.
• Inclusion in seasonal marketing campaigns, such as Food & Drink Forknight, Summer in Ipswich and our town centre Christmas promotion.
• Involvement in PR activity aimed at visitors to Ipswich and the surrounding area.
Place Management Benefits
• Discounted Radio Link subscriptions and packages – contributing to a safer and connected town centre. Radio Link enables access to our crime database system which can help tackle anti-social and criminal behaviour.
• An allocated Street Ranger for your business.
• Additional targeted cleaning and streetscape improvements.
Additional Membership Benefits
• Invitation to town centre focused forums and events.
• Receipt of regular updates of town centre news and advice.
• The option to opt-in to membership of the Visit Ipswich Destination Management Organisation (DMO).
'We must not delay. We must kick-start this.'
Our CEO, Paul Clement's, latest Archant business column, following from our call for more empty units in the town centre to be converted into housing:At Ipswich Central, we have been calling for a…
Bringing housing back into the high street
We are calling for unused floor space in Ipswich town centre to be converted into residential properties.The Ipswich Vision originally called for 2,000 new homes in the heart of the town centre;…