Businesses within the BID zone who have a rateable value of over £15,000 automatically become a member of the BID, benefit from its services and receive a vote when it comes to whether to renew the BID in 2021.
However, although businesses under £15,000 receive the halo benefits of the place marketing and place management schemes, many like to support the BID. Ipswich Central provides a Friend of the BID scheme which allows non-members to be more involved in the projects at an annual cost of £180 plus VAT. The benefits are listed below.
The only difference between a BID Business and a Friend of the BID is that Friend's of the BID won’t have voting rights in any formal ballot.
Place Marketing Benefits:
• Inclusion and involvement in allaboutipswich.com with your own directory listing and your own log-in so you can update your listing, add offers and upload events.
• The opportunity to promote these offers and events at no cost to you, reaching our audience of over 21,000 people.
• Inclusion in seasonal marketing campaigns, such as Food & Drink Forknight, Summer in Ipswich and our town centre Christmas promotion.
• Involvement in PR activity aimed at visitors to Ipswich and the surrounding area.
Place Management Benefits
• Discounted Radio Link subscriptions and packages – contributing to a safer and connected town centre. Radio Link enables access to our crime database system which can help tackle anti-social and criminal behaviour.
• An allocated Street Ranger for your business.
• Additional targeted cleaning and streetscape improvements.
Additional Membership Benefits
• Invitation to town centre focused forums and events.
• Receipt of regular updates of town centre news and advice.
• The option to opt-in to membership of the Visit Ipswich Destination Management Organisation (DMO).
Weekly COVID-19 Briefing: March 30th
Ipswich Central Street Rangers will be back in town from today (Monday 30thMarch). The town centre business community is our one and only priority in these challenging times. Our services are…
BID Levy Announcement
Ipswich Borough Council and Ipswich Central have jointly announced that retail, leisure and hospitality businesses will be given longer to pay their BID levy this year.Businesses in these categories…