Businesses within the BID zone who have a rateable value of over £15,000 automatically become a member of the BID, benefit from its services and receive a vote when it comes to whether to renew the BID in 2021.
However, although businesses under £15,000 receive the halo benefits of the place marketing and place management schemes, many like to support the BID. Ipswich Central provides a Friend of the BID scheme which allows non-members to be more involved in the projects at an annual cost of £180 plus VAT. The benefits are listed below.
The only difference between a BID Business and a Friend of the BID is that Friend's of the BID won’t have voting rights in any formal ballot.
Place Marketing Benefits:
• Inclusion and involvement in allaboutipswich.com with your own directory listing and your own log-in so you can update your listing, add offers and upload events.
• The opportunity to promote these offers and events at no cost to you, reaching our audience of over 21,000 people.
• Inclusion in seasonal marketing campaigns, such as Food & Drink Forknight, Summer in Ipswich and our town centre Christmas promotion.
• Involvement in PR activity aimed at visitors to Ipswich and the surrounding area.
Place Management Benefits
• Discounted Radio Link subscriptions and packages – contributing to a safer and connected town centre. Radio Link enables access to our crime database system which can help tackle anti-social and criminal behaviour.
• An allocated Street Ranger for your business.
• Additional targeted cleaning and streetscape improvements.
Additional Membership Benefits
• Invitation to town centre focused forums and events.
• Receipt of regular updates of town centre news and advice.
• The option to opt-in to membership of the Visit Ipswich Destination Management Organisation (DMO).
Tourism recovery plan aims to put region ‘top of mind’ for visitors
A campaign to kickstart Norfolk and Suffolk’s tourism industry and put it ‘top of mind’ for holidaymakers planning a staycation has been launched.Attractions, hotels, theatres and other businesses in…
Government launch 'Eat Out to Help Out' scheme
The Government have announced a new scheme to boost restaurants, pubs and cafes by offering customers a 50% discount.Participating businesses will be able to offer 50% OFF to customers and be…