Ipswich Central is a town centre BID that covers all sectors and is home to large employers such as Willis Towers Watson, AXA, ABP, Ipswich Borough Council and Suffolk County Council.
The BID Zone for Ipswich Central covers a wide geographical area, from the Education Quarter in the east (encompassing both Suffolk New College and University of Suffolk) to the Office Quarter to the west. The waterfront creates the southern fringe whilst to the north the BID incorporates Crown Street car park, Crown Pools and the retail heart of the town.
4. BUTTERMARKET CENTRE
5. CARDINAL PARK
7. FAIRLINE BOATS
8. IPSWICH TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB
9. LOCK GATES
10. NEW WOLSEY THEATRE
12. SPIRIT YACHTS
13. SUFFOLK NEW COLLEGE
14. THE REGENT THEATRE
15. TRAIN STATION
16. UNIVERSITY OF SUFFOLK
17. WILLIS TOWERS WATSON
Awards & Accreditations
In the past seven years, Ipswich Central has generated additional income which has been invested back into the town centre. This figure is set to increase by the end of BID3. An example of this additional income is £168,057 awarded to the BID in 2013 as the High Street Renewal Award for its work on the Vision. The BID is also:
• The only BID fully accredited by the Police.
• The only BID to be certified by ISO for quality management systems.
• The first BID to receive British BID‘s Accreditation.
• The recipient of an award in July 2013 for the Street Rangers – 2013 EADT Business Community Safety and Crime Prevention Awards.
• Along with the Police and Ipswich Borough Council the BID was the recipient of a national award for most Innovative Best Bar None scheme (2010).
£1m lost when Orwell Bridge closes
The Orwell Bridge closes once again due to high winds, meanwhile the Highways England report into the bridge continues to be delayed with no results.We estimate that the impact the bridge closure has…
New scheme to help bars & pubs tackle anti-social behaviour
Local businesses and organisations have come together to create ‘Barwatch’; a digital system that allows bars, clubs and pubs in Ipswich to share information about anti-social behaviour with each…