Ipswich Central is a town centre BID that covers all sectors and is home to large employers such as Willis Towers Watson, AXA, ABP, Ipswich Borough Council and Suffolk County Council.
The BID Zone for Ipswich Central covers a wide geographical area, from the Education Quarter in the east (encompassing both Suffolk New College and University of Suffolk) to the Office Quarter to the west. The waterfront creates the southern fringe whilst to the north the BID incorporates Crown Street car park, Crown Pools and the retail heart of the town.
4. BUTTERMARKET CENTRE
5. CARDINAL PARK
7. FAIRLINE BOATS
8. IPSWICH TOWN FOOTBALL CLUB
9. LOCK GATES
10. NEW WOLSEY THEATRE
12. SPIRIT YACHTS
13. SUFFOLK NEW COLLEGE
14. THE REGENT THEATRE
15. TRAIN STATION
16. UNIVERSITY OF SUFFOLK
17. WILLIS TOWERS WATSON
Awards & Accreditations
In the past seven years, Ipswich Central has generated additional income which has been invested back into the town centre. This figure is set to increase by the end of BID3. An example of this additional income is £168,057 awarded to the BID in 2013 as the High Street Renewal Award for its work on the Vision. The BID is also:
• The only BID fully accredited by the Police.
• The only BID to be certified by ISO for quality management systems.
• The first BID to receive British BID‘s Accreditation.
• The recipient of an award in July 2013 for the Street Rangers – 2013 EADT Business Community Safety and Crime Prevention Awards.
• Along with the Police and Ipswich Borough Council the BID was the recipient of a national award for most Innovative Best Bar None scheme (2010).
Uni of Suffolk launch business support programme
University of Suffolk launches 'We Are Together with Business' programme of support for the business communityThe University of Suffolk have launched their ‘We are Together with Business’ programme;…
Summary of Prime Minister's May Update
What does the new STAY ALERT approach mean for Ipswich businesses?The most significant shift is to 'work from home' if you can and only go into your place of work if you MUST. Regulations for…