The BID Zone is the area in which Ipswich Central operates. Businesses within the BID Zone that meet our levy rules will be BID levy payers and can get involved with our projects.
The BID Zone for Ipswich Central encompasses a wide geographical area; encompassing the town centre, the waterfront, the Education Quarter to the east and the Westgate area to the west.
- Buttermarket Centre
- Cardinal Park
- Fairline Boats
- Ipswich Town Football Club
- Lock Gates
- New Wolsey Theatre
- Sailmakers Shopping Centre
- Spirit Yachts
- Suffolk New College
- The Regent Theatre
- Ipswich train Station
- University of Suffolk
- Willis Towers Watson
If your business is outside of the BID zone, or the rateable value of your premises is below £15,000, you can still get involved with our projects by becoming a Friend of the BID or an All About Ipswich DMO member.
Awards & Accreditations
In the past seven years, Ipswich Central has generated additional income which has been invested back into the town centre. This figure is set to increase by the end of BID3. An example of this additional income is £168,057 awarded to the BID in 2013 as the High Street Renewal Award for its work on the Vision. The BID is also:
• The only BID fully accredited by the Police.
• The only BID to be certified by ISO for quality management systems.
• The first BID to receive British BID‘s Accreditation.
• The recipient of an award in July 2013 for the Street Rangers – 2013 EADT Business Community Safety and Crime Prevention Awards.
• Along with the Police and Ipswich Borough Council the BID was the recipient of a national award for most Innovative Best Bar None scheme (2010).
Suffolk Moves Tier 4 Restrictions
As the whole of East Anglia moves into Tier 4 COVID restrictions, we begin lobbying for the Government to review and extend it's support for businesses.From 00:01 on Boxing Day, the following…
COVID Statement from our CEO
We are continuing to encourage businesses, shoppers and visitors in Ipswich to follow the Government guidelines to help Ipswich move from Tier 2 to Tier 1.Below is the latest statement from our CEO…