From the blog
Road closures announced for Ipswich Half Marathon
The Ipswich Half Marathon comes to town on Sunday 20 September.
The race begins at 10am in Christchurch Park and a number of roads will be closed around the area until 1pm. Details of these can be found below.
Roads on the route will be closed as follows.
Start section. Roads closed from 9.30am to 10.40am
– Soane Street
– Crown Street
– Northgate Street
– Old Foundry Road
– Carr Street
– Upper Brook Street
– Queen Street
– Giles Circus
– Princess Street
– Tavern Street
– Westgate Street
– Museum Street
– High Street
– Fonnereau Road
Route road. Closed from 9.30am to 1.00pm.
– Westerfield Road – no parking cones in sections for event duration
– Tuddenham Road– no parking cones in sections for event duration
– Borrowdale Avenue
– Park Road – no parking cones in sections for event duration
– Henley Road
– Ivry Street
– Paget Road
– Anglesea Road
– Graham Road – no parking cones in sections for event duration
– Constitution Hill
– Bridle Way
Traffic movement won’t be allowed on the roads used by the runners. Traffic management staff and event marshals will be along the route to ensure the saftey of the runners, sale residents, abortion event officials and spectators.
Route Crossing points will be operated with Stop/Go operatives at:
– Warrington Road / Ivry Street
– Gainsborough Road / Tuddenham Road
Crossing the above junctions will only be allowed if and when safe to do so.
Emergency services operating under a blue light will be given priority over the event.